Nehemiah Festival XIII – Smithville Lake
September 13 - September 15Free
- Christian Music & Camping Festival
- 50 Bands
- 4 Stages
- Free Admission
- Disc Golf Tournament
- Petting Zoo
- The Nehemiah Fest planning committee is a group of volunteers from the Kansas City area who are diverse in their denomination, race, age, and background. Yet, we share a deep desire to bring our community a Christ centered event celebrating God’s grace. Nehemiah Fest is about celebrating our similarities in Christ, building relationships and bringing people together to celebrate God’s love and forgiveness. We invite you to explore ways in which your church can become involved… to fellowship…to worship… to serve side by side with other Christians throughout the area.
To celebrate Jesus and the unity of the wonderfully diverse Body of Christ. To reach out to our community through music. To share His message of salvation and unconditional love with people of all backgrounds and cultures. We begin our celebration today.
Our Business Plan
The planning model for this festival can be found in the Book of Nehemiah. We are attempting to provide a family-oriented Christian atmosphere, where God can be worshipped and his children can enjoy His creation. The Nehemiah Fest is a sponsor driven and volunteer operated Christian music and camping festival that will as big as God wants it to be. Our battle cry has been, “Don’t think big, think obedient!” We are simply following the Holy Spirit’s leading to unite the local body of Christ. We are excited about the possibilities!
- About the Bible
- The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error for its matter. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.
- About God
- There is only one true and living God who is the Creator, Sustainer and Ruler of the universe. He has existed for all eternity and has revealed Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
- About Jesus
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God. Jesus took upon Himself human nature, yet was without sin. Jesus died a substitutionary death on the cross to redeem us from sin. He is now alive in heaven where He serves as our One Mediator, thus effecting reconciliation between God and man. He now dwells in all believers and will return someday to judge the world and finish His redemptive mission.
- About the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine. He inspired the writing of Scriptures and helps us understand Scripture through His illumination. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation and provides the Christian with power for holy living. He exalts Christ and is the guarantee that God will bring the Christian into the fullness of Christ.
- About man
- Men and women are the special creation of God, made in His image. Man fell from the original state of innocence and inherited a nature and environment that is inclined toward sin. Every person of every race possesses full dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- About salvation
- It is only through Jesus Christ that man can have a personal relationship with God. This free gift of grace is offered to all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. By His own blood, Jesus obtained eternal life for the believer.
- About the church
- The church is the body of Christ in the world today. The church is universal, including all the redeemed of the ages, and local, including baptized believers, associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship in the gospel. The church observes the two ordinances of Christ (Baptism and The Lord’s Supper), is governed by His laws, exercises the gifts, rights and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeks to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth.